Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"The Nazz are Blue" -Yardbirds

I've recently been rediscovering my passion for 60s garage rock lately, and it brought me to a band that I'm very excited about. The are Nazz, from Philadelphia, headed by lead guitarist Todd Rundgren. Nazz are one of my personal favorite from the 60s, and a lot had to do with my father enlightening me at a very early age. Besides the obvious psychadelic fuzzy distorted guitars, my favorite band member has to be the drummer, Thom Mooney. This guy can play the drums, and I think you will see what I'm talking about in "Open My Eyes". Now we can't forget about Todd Rundgren, who is a legendary gurtarist and went on to a very prominent solo career. His sound is what really guided the group into what they are. They put out three albums in their short time together, but I can assure you their are some gemz on there. So to save you the trouble and time I've selected some top notch stuff from Nazz, all for you listening pleasure.

Nazz- Open My Eyes
Nazz- Forget All About It
Nazz- Under The Ice
(right click & save to download songs)

-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment