Tuesday, October 13, 2009

...And Light Me A Smoke, So I Can Sing Some Jazz

Saadiq is the name and old school is the game, and if ya don't like it then just get outta the kitchen. His musical background is steeped in R&B, but don't let Raphael Saadiq fool you. He can run with the best of them, and I think his latest album The Way I See It is a Motown masterpiece. Back in the '80s before Saadiq was Saadiq, he was in a little group called Toni! Tony! Tone!. Which pretty much launched him into a full blown singer, songwriter and record producer; working with a wide range of artists, from Stevie Wonder to Jay-Z. As I said before it is his latest album, but this baby has been out of the oven since September '08. So if you missed out on the release I'm gunna bring it back for ya. Saadiq is still touring, if you can imagine that, and he is coming to the sunshine state. He'll be here Nov. 28 & 29 in Miami and Orlando. Yes that's right Jacksonville he won't be stopping by for some pie, I know I'm sad too. I wanted to see him doin his thing in the golden suit, maybe bringing me back to the days of The Temptations and The Supremes. Oh Well....The two freezer jamz I chose are both singles off the album, so just try not to like these songs too much. I dare you!

Raphael Saadiq- 100 Yard Dash (right click & save to download)
Raphael Saadiq- Lets Take A Walk (right click & save to download)

-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment