Monday, October 19, 2009

Give Me Some Of That Nasty Water, I'll Take It One Sip At A Time

I'm sure most of you have already caught on like wild fire when the Fiery Furnaces first came out, back in 2000, but I on the other hand did not. I guess I was too busy not checking them out and they flew right under my radar. Yes yes, this means I totally just got turned on by the brother and sister duo, but that doesn't make me a bad person, just a little more educated. It is very rare when bands slip past me, but they are a breath of fresh air when they come around. So it's ok, right? When I was in Nashville for my brother's wedding a couple of weeks ago, congrats to the two of 'em, was when I first heard the Fiery Furnaces. The siblings are from Brooklyn and are currently touring in the UK, but will be back on the mainland in November. They must really love to work, or just really love their fans because they have put out new material each year since 2000. So after a little digging and soul searching, I bring a couple of my favorite tracks so far in my Fiery Furnaces' quest. The first track "Single Again" is off their debut album Gallowbird's Bark (2003) and is the song that turned me on at the wedding. "I'm Gonna Run" is off their 3rd album EP (2005). Let me know what ya think about my slip up.

Fiery Furnaces- Single Again
Fiery Furnaces- I'm Gonna Run
(right click & save to download)

-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment