Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Let me introduce you to....


Allow me to introduce you to Hemingway. He is a young man hailing from....you guessed it Canada, Toronto to be more specific. It's hard not to acknowledge the amount of talent that is coming out of Canada right now, and Hemingway is a perfect example of it. Yacht Funk is what they refer to this genre of music as, and it's making quite an impression on me atleast because I can't stop dancing when this song comes on. Which is the exact reason why I decided to do this post. So without further ado....

Pelifics- Forever (Hemingway remix) (right click & save to download)
The Virgins- Rich Girls (Hemingway remix) (right click & save to download)


That's right I'm not done with you yet. I have more beautiful music for, so thank me later. He is a group by the name Javelin. Comprised of friends and hailing from Crooklyn(Brooklyn, NY) these guys are really pushing the genre boundary. If i had to attempt to classify this i guess it would be somewhere between Funk/Old School with some california sun. If you can't picture what I'm saying "Vibrationz" will do the rest. They have a couple of live shows in Brooklyn and NYC, so if your anywhere near the city I suggest you do your ears a favor and be there.

Javelin- Vibrationz (right click & save to download)
Javelin- Doug Flutey (right click & save to download)



-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment