Friday, September 18, 2009

Just a Stones Throw Away

So I was going to post about one of my new favorite artist from Stones Throw, but it's hard to write about just one artist from the label. If you have never checked out the label, I suggest you do. Probably one of my favorite record labels because of their knack to seek out really good artist. First off we have Dam-Funk, sort of a rookie at the label, but still highly respected. He brings back the old California funk/groove sound and puts his modern touch on it. Something to get down to, maybe relax on saturday just soaking up life(a tleast thats how it makes me feel).

Dam-Funk -Galactic Funk (right click & save to download)

My second artist from the label is James Pants. He's been around for a while, but I just can't get enough of his album Welcome. I think it is absolutley brilliant and very well put together. Check out this track off the album:

James Pants- Were Through (right click & save to download)

Last but certaintly not least is my favorite artist signed to Stones Throw The Beat Kunducta: Madlib. Absolutly insane samples coming from this man on all of his albums, but actually the song isn't produced by Madlib at all. It was produced by none other than the late great J Dilla. The song come off the Jaylib album, which was a callab between the two. Straight up CLASSIC:

Jaylib- Starz (right click & save to download)

Enjoy!

-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment