Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why Can't We Make More Music Like This

This post is dedicated to my father whose birthday is tomorrow. Everything I know about music I owe to my dad. I grew up listening to rock n roll, specifically 60s garage, with my dad. He'd constantly would be teaching and quizing me on various bands, guitarist, and songs. Bands from this era rarely get thier time in the spotlight anymore and I think we ought to show some respect to this awesome period in rock history, where some of the greatest bands joined to create that oh so familiar sound. A sound that is rooted in the blues, and electrified with lyrics about love and freedom. Their are many bands that came out of the 60s, but these bands I believe truly capture the message I'm trying to convey.......which is, TURN UP THE AMP AND LET'S ROCK! Happy Birthday Dad.

The Yardbirds- Heart Full of Soul
The Kinks- Tired of Waiting for You
Cream- Swlabr

-WellFed Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment